about (a housekeeping tip from mom)
My mom taught me a lot about how to survive and thrive with ADHD.
I got diagnosed with ADHD when I was 34 ½ and asked a psychiatrist for an evaluation. She took two hours and made the call that reframed my whole life.
I was annoyed it took so long to find out, but amazed I had made a successful career so far without it. Now that I know, I've been accumulating tips and tricks and hacks and books and coping tactics.
The more tactics I found, the more I realized my mom had already taught me.
- Put it in the binder archiving
- Keep Showing Up puritan work ethic
- Is it good enough to ship? flush the buffer satisfice
- Done is Better than Perfect flush the buffer satisfice
- Empty the trash when it gets full flush the buffer
- Pave a Path towards Putting Away pave a path
- Is this Trash? flush the buffer
- Fly, my pretties!
- Empty the Trash pave a path flush the buffer
- Find the fun (when it looks boring)
- Why bother with quarterly planning? plan to fail
- Bite off more than you can chew--and spit it out plan to fail
- Getting nothing done? Get lots of little done! opportunistic lazy wins little rocks
- It's okay to leave laundry in the dryer lazy wins out of sight, out of mind
- Buy the Rice Krispie Treats from the store lazy wins
- about about